- Attractiveness: Wreck, Miniwall, Coral life. Good for Snorkeling.
- Maximun depth: 20 m – 66 ft
- Visibility: 20 - 30 m; rainy season: 15 - 20 m.
Located near the area of the lighthouse, shows the remains of the commonly known “Cable Inglés” (English Line) because of the company´s nationality that settled these communication lines that went from Cienfuegos to Santiago de Cuba, to the west, and to the southern shore of Habana, to the east. It was established on April 26th, 1876, connecting Cienfuegos to Santiago de Cuba. It allowed telegraphic communications with the USA and Europe. There was a small booth in the shore near the Villanueva Lighthouse, built in 1849, where the lines get out from the sea, and continue thru the bay to Cienfuegos city, where several stations were set. During the Cuban – Spanish – American war, Cienfuegos was blocked by the US Navy, and during May, the area of the lighthouse was bombarded and the communication lines were cutted, with the support of the Cuban troops from land. The former light house was partially ruined and another light house was built from it, which is in use today and it´s called Los Colorados Light House. The site starts 10 m (33 ft) deep, from the coral reef, and the lines can be seen running to the depth. The remains of the lines are conquered by sea life, depicting a beautiful scenery, especially because in some parts the lines are hanging among the reefs. There is an abundant coral life, as well as gorgonizes, small reef fish, and remains of sunken ships.